- AMD Ryzen™ Embedded V1000/R1000 series
- Up to 32 GB DDR4 RAM with ECC
- Up to 4 Digital Display Interfaces (DP, eDP, HDMI, DVI)
- Hardware memory encryption
- Safety-relevant supervision functions
- The Ryzen Embedded V1000 powered products support up to -40°C to +85°C Tcase, conduction cooling
- VITA 59 in process, compliant with COM Express Basic, type 6
- PICMG COM.0 COM Express version also available
The CB71C is an ultra-rugged COM Express module for rail, public transportation and industry applications, e.g. data acquisition, infotainment, transcoding and live 3D. It is 100% compatible with COM Express Type 6 Pin-Out and conforms to the VITA 59 standard, which specifies robust mechanics to ensure reliable operation even under the harshest environmental conditions.
Extremely Robust, Powerful Graphics and High Performance
The CB71C Rugged COM Express Module is based on the AMD Ryzen Embedded family and can now be equipped with the new Ryzen™ Embedded R1000 SoC in addition to the Ryzen Embedded V1000 SoC. The new AMD Ryzen Embedded R1000 SoC features a Radeon™ Vega graphics engine with three compute units and support for up to three displays with a resolution of up to 4k without additional graphics hardware. With up to four powerful "Zen" processor cores, when using the AMD Ryzen Embedded V1000 SoC, the CB71C is also suitable for virtualization.
With the AMD Ryzen Embedded family, the COM module gains valuable flexibility: The design can be based on either a Ryzen Embedded R1000 dual-core SoC or a Ryzen Embedded V1000 quad-core SoC. The strength of the new AMD Ryzen Embedded R1000 SoC lies in its low power consumption combined with its high single-thread performance and high clock with dual core and quad thread performance.
The modules with AMD Ryzen Embedded V1000 provide passive cooling and a temperature range from -40°C to +85°C are possible with the low-power versions. The CB71C can be equipped with up to 32 GB directly soldered DDR4 main memory and a 16 GB eMMC. PCI Express 3.0, DDI (DP, eDP, HDMI), SATA 3.0, Gigabit Ethernet and USB 3.0 are available as high-speed interfaces.
The COM module has a board management controller with monitoring functions and a trusted platform module. The module also uses the Secure Memory Encryption capability in the AMD Ryzen Embedded R1000 SoC – an essential feature for security-critical applications such as payment and ticketing terminals, fleet management or monitoring.
AMD welcomes MEN’s decision to implement the new product family with AMD Ryzen Embedded:
“We are excited to continue our work with MEN and see them develop fantastic devices and modules that take advantage of the features in the AMD Ryzen Embedded family,” said Stephen Turnbull, director of product management and business development, Embedded Solutions, AMD.
“MEN develops systems with the highest demands on robustness and safety and the AMD Ryzen Embedded R1000 and AMD Ryzen Embedded V1000 help make those features a reality for MEN’s customers.”
“Reliable Embedded Computing for a World in Motion.”
Since its founding in 1982, MEN Mikro Elektronik has focused on innovation, reliability and flexibility to develop and produce standard and custom computing solutions that employ the highest technology levels. The company – with approx. 300 employees worldwide – provides a robust offering of highly reliable embedded COTS boards and devices widely used in extreme environmental conditions found in mobile, industrial and safety-critical applications.
– Safe computers and systems certifiable up to SIL 4 and DAL-A
– Robust built-to-order box PCs
– Panel PCs for HMIs and digital signage
– Pre-configured built-to-order 19” systems
– Rugged CompactPCI boards and systems
– Network components in compact box format or 40 HP format
– Robust computer-on-modules for individual system designs
For individual requirements, starting with development through design-in and beyond, MEN provides its customers with advice and support as well as with system design, configuration and environmental qualification in accordance with industry standards.
The company’s core competencies encompass x86 and RISC processor architectures, development rules for safe applications, analog I/O design, FPGA technology and Windows, Linux and real-time operating systems. Additional expertise includes RAMS and obsolescence management as well as the development of computing hardware for operation in harsh and extreme environmental conditions. Development, production and on-site testing laboratories guarantee traceability and high-quality products.
MEN Mikro Elektronik’s computer solutions are used in harsh mission- and safety-critical environments found in the rail and public transport markets and the embedded electronics markets (automation, aerospace, power & energy, off-road, medical, marine and other industries).
The company is certified to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 (environment), EN 9100 (aerospace) and IRIS (railway) quality management systems, provides systems according to ISO 7637-2 (road traffic) requirements and is a member of several industry associations, consortiums and alliances, including VITA and PICMG.
MEN Mikro Elektronik is a member of:
– AMD Partner Program
– ARINC (Aeronautical Radio Incorporated)
– BavAIRia (Cluster for innovative aerospace technology in Bavaria)
– CNA (Center for Transportation & Logistics Neuer Adler e.V.)
– Intel® IoT Solutions Alliance
– NXP Design Alliance
– Open Source Automation Development Lab (OSADL)
– PCI-SIG (Peripheral Component Interconnect Special Interest Group)
– PICMG (PCI Industrial Computer Manufacturers Group)
– RSSI (Railway Systems Suppliers, Inc. Trade Association)
– Unife (Union des Industries Ferroviaires Européennes)
– USB-IF (Universal Serial Bus Implementers Forum, Inc.)
– VITA (VMEbus International Trade Association)
– Wind River (Partner Eco System)
– ZVEI (German Electrical and Electronic Manufacturers Association)
AMD, the AMD logo, Ryzen, Radeon, and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
duagon – MEN Mikro Elektronik GmbH
Neuwieder Straße 1-7
Telefon: +49 (911) 9933-50
Telefax: +49 (911) 99335-901
Sales And Management Services
Telefon: +49 (2405) 4526720
Fax: +49 (2405) 4526721